Sunday 5 January 2014

Happy new year! 


Happy new year everyone, I hope Christmas was as special for all you people out there as it was for me! Lots of special family time and making people happy is what I love about this time of year. And I just know that this year is going to be really special, I have an announcement coming up in the next couple of weeks so keep your eyes peeled :D 

I want to get back into arts and crafts this year, and the tail end of last year  was not too productive with all the stresses of moving into our caravan and then Halloween,  birthdays and Christmas!  And I really miss having an oven!! So much. I love baking, plus when trying to provide nutritious meals there is only
so much you can do with a two ringed camping stove. Ha!

But on the plus side I made this Triple Chocolate Toblerone Cheesecake today for a family dinner. No baking required :)

Here is my recipe:

175g oaty biscuits ( something like hobnobs without the chocolate )
70g butter
Crush the biscuits in a plastic bag with a rolling pin until they are crumbly, melt the butter and then let it cool before mixing into the biscuit crumbs and pressing into your tin.

300g light cream cheese
200ml whipping cream
175g melted white toblerone
A handful of milk chocolate toblerone pieces, chopped into chunks.
A handful of dark chocolate toblerone pieces, melted for the topping.

Lightly whip the cream until it is just fluffy, stir in the cream cheese and the melted white toblerone, followed by the milk chocolate chunks.  Spread onto the biscuit base and refrigerate for a minimum of three hours.  You can then decorate with the melted dark chocolate,  I just used the spoon to sort of flick it across the top to get the messy look.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment