Wednesday 14 January 2015

Projects, projects and more projects...

So as I mentioned before in my Bat Fit kick off post I'm aiming to get back into crafting this year, as it's something I really enjoy and find relaxing,  and since having my daughter and not finding as much time I have really missed it. So heres a few of the projects I'm wanting to finish this year! 

First, the doll house. I always wanted a doll house when I was little, and never had a real one. I used to make cardboard ones with wall paper samples and sticky-back lino stuff, proper Blue Peter style (apologies if only UK readers get that cheesy reference... haha.) But a couple of months ago in the second hand shop near to where we live I saw a lovely looking georgian style doll house in the window, and my other half Rob actually bought her for me for Christmas.  I couldn't believe it. Life long childhood dream accomplished! Theres something wonderful about actually achieving things we dream of as children... hmm maybe I will write a whole other post about that!


And here she is :) a bit of a fixer-upper I admit, first off I hate yellow, and the windows and door are plastic and faded. The interior decor is very dated and the right side of the front face is wonky and needs adjusting. So far I have washed and dusted, and bought this little front door:


I'm excited to be thinking about colours and decor and can't wait to collect more bits. I think it's going to take a long time but a long term project is fine for now.

As I mentioned before,  I also have a little project I've been working on for my daughter's bedroom. Well. When she actually has a bedroom that is. But anyway, I have been a bit obsessed with the idea of bunting just lately and found some plain white bunting in Hobbycraft a little while ago that gave me a little zap of inspiration.  I had some cute black and white fabric hanging about that I was meaning to make more bow accessories with, but it was perfectly sized for bunting letters. So I traced and cut the letters to spell out Reegan's name on the bunting.



 I originally wanted to hand stitch every letter because it would look cute, but nearly three months on and I still haven't finished the first letter. I've decided it's just not realistic to continue, and have ordered some iron on adhesive instead.  Hopefully as soon as that arrives I can trace the letters and finish off.

I'm trying not to be too ambitious by over loading myself, but my mum bought me a jewelry making tool kit for Christmas and I have alot of other materials I've collected in our wardrobe. Whilst I'm not imminently going to be using it it's nice to know I have it ready when I need a new project.  I've have a couple of bracelets that need mending, and I've been wanting to make a headchain for ages. Possibly even a choker or two with all the ribbon and lace I have lying around. I suppose I'll get around to it all eventually,  I'm just looking forward to having our own place so that I can at least have one corner of the living room dedicated to a crafting desk where I can organise my things and leave out projects I have on the go.

Anybody else have more than one project on the go? Have you seen anything through from start to finish yet this new year?

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I always wanted a dollhouse as a kid, although I have stuffed animals, not dolls. I would like to have a huge dollhouse for a tiny toy cat I have one day. She had a bit of a Gothic mansion going on in a bookshelf for a while, but we needed the space. She is a really sulky and naughty cat which is why I like her.

    I like the idea of the bunting. I may do some one day. I look forward to having my own house that I can decorate one day, with some kind of mix of hippie, bohemian and Goth style. It'll probably be filled with sari quilts, and stuffed animals, if my taste does not change in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't even get me started on cuddly toys! I get way too attached. I can't help thinking of them as actual little people, I suppose I never got over Toy Story lol. You should definitely build her a house!
    Same here though, always dreaming about how I'm goinf to decorate when I eventually have the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute dollhouse :D I can´t wait to see the things you will create for that little house ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm getting way ahead of myself thinking about furniture and accessories! XD

      Delete
  4. This is an amazing idea! You are so talented <3

    unknownprettylies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I have tons of craft I want to work on.. it's so hard with a little one around. I can't wait to have a bigger place so I can have room for crafting, too.

    ReplyDelete