Friday 6 November 2015

FOTD Friday: a pastel goth look

So to get myself back to regular blogging again I'm going to start at least one weekly feature: face of the day Friday.  It will also encourage me to do more makeup posts because I haven't done many of those lately.




I realised recently that I don't really own any pink eyeshadows that aren't neon, and when I found this little trio of pearly pinks discounted in TK Max it seemed like perfect timing. Whenever I go with such soft girly colours on the eyes I like to balance it out with dark lips, which works well for a pastel goth look. Paired with the eyes is a matt black lipstick from limecrime,  and short spiky lashes that remind me of the Japanese gyaru makeup style. I actually used three eyeshadow colours but they are all very similar looking, with the lightest shade at the inner corner, the medium in the middle and the darkest in the outer corner and blended into the crease. I used white eyeliner in therror bottom inner corner to open up the eyes and only a little black on the bottom outer corner, with a very thin line of eyeliner along the upper lash line just to help the false lashes blend in nicely.

Before I go I also wanted to share this video with an old favourite youtuber of mine Sebastian Columbine because it really spoke to me on an emotional level. The wording explains exactly how I feel about wearing makeup, and for any girl who loves makeup or has found herself defending her use of makeup to anyone it is the perfect argument. It is the way any woman should see wearing makeup.


Happy Friday everyone! X

6 comments:

  1. I think we have the same ankh necklace. Great minds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that necklace, my mum bought it for me when I was 8 years old because I was really into Egyptology :D

      Delete
  2. The pink looks amazing on you! Your hair is so vivid, I miss my hair so much now, it is taking forever to grow back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Although I do feel it was rather classy against my green hair. Are you planning on going bright again??

      Delete