Wednesday 16 December 2015

Outfit post: The Belt you've been looking for

About two years ago, I purchased a long black velvet dress from a vintage shop for an absolute bargain, and whilst I love it, it has always felt as though something was missing. It was just a bit... plain.




I paired it with big hair and a long statement key necklace, and still felt as though I was missing something. Until I found a belt in a charity shop that was just what I was looking for, after only two years of looking! It was only £2.50.  I haven't managed to wearing it with this dress yet but I have paired it nicely with a high-low skirt and leggings.



Yes, that's my daughter there trying to eat a shoe. But I felt like the chain link silver belt had just the right sort of hippie feel to it for the skirt, and it will break up the plain dress nicely. And please ignore my awful hair here!

Outfit:
Black leggings - H&M
High-low skirt - Ebay
Vest - H&M
Bolero jacket - Necessary Evil
Belt - charity shop

15 comments:

  1. I think the velvet dress just looks absolutely fine on you the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! It would finish it off nicely though :)

      Delete
  2. I think both ways look nice and I love seeing your little one photobomb! Too cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She likes to climb into my wardrobe every chance she gets!

      Delete
  3. Ooooh la la! Is the first dress made of velvet? It looks great on you. Especially with your pretty mermaid hair <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is velvet, it's soo heavy to wear! Thankyou <3

      Delete
    2. Yes it is velvet, it's soo heavy to wear! Thankyou <3

      Delete
  4. Great dress! I would wear more velvet if Australia was less hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for you! I spent a month in Australia a few years ago and did not cope well at all, some serious style compromising was unfortunately had!

      Delete
  5. It looks good on you either way, you have a great waist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit, dear! Love that dress (:

    www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress and I think it's great on its own, but love the new belt too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great styling touch. The dress is awesome on its own, but definitely becomes all the more elevated when the belt enters the picture.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely dress and the belt definitely looks great on it as well! nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love when I finally find that one finishing touch for an outfit that has been patiently waiting in my closet!!

    ReplyDelete